Friday 14 June 2013

Arsenal rejected Zaha

Wilfried Zaha who many a times was linked with Arsenal in January was rejected by the club before he joined Manchester United for a reported £15m fee. Many Arsenal fans were left unhappy that Arsenal could not beat United to signing the young forward. Though the story turns out to be different.




Crystal Palace chairman Ron Noades said: “When Steve Parish sold Zaha I was mildly involved in it as I tried to get Arsenal to buy him, but they were not interested. 


“I spoke to David Dein as I did not want Zaha to go to Manchester United, I wanted him to stay in London."


Zaha was a key figure for Palace appearing in 43 games scoring six goals and importantly winning the penalty in the 1-0 play-off final victory over Watford at Wembley last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment