Monday 10 June 2013

First Post and Transfer Round Up


So this is the first post on my new blog. I am very excited to start on this project. I am a 16 year old boy and hope to bring forth my views to many Arsenal fans world wide.

The season has ended and all talk is about Arsenal, and their new found financial power and how they are targeting big names to challenge for the title, again. The first signing has already been made in the form of Yaya Sanogo, though the fee has not been disclosed yet.

The media reports that Arsenal are also in talks with Real Madrid's striker Higuain as we try and improve our attack which has been often found wanting last season. The other players reported to be on Arsenal's striker shortlist according to the media are Fiorentina's Stevan Jovetic and want away Manchester United star Wayne Rooney. In January, Barcelona striker David Villa had been close to signing for Arsenal but the club did not allow him to go and if reports are to be believed Arsenal interest in the striker have cooled. While Christian Benteke was quoted as saying by the Express."If the chance comes up for me to join a club like Arsenal, I am convinced that we can reach a compromise where everybody comes out a winner".  Personally, I don't think there will be many signings in this department when we already have Giroud as the main strike and Sanogo as back up, and also our two widemen, Podolski and Walcott. 

In the midfield category Arsenal were reported to have launched a stunning £22m pound bid for Everton big man Maroune Fellani. Though today a BBC reporter reports that both the clubs have denied any such activity. Clement Grenier who recently made his International debut is said to be high on Wenger wishlist. Wenger told French programme Telefoot: 'We are following him. His intelligence of play pleases me. He has interesting qualities. He reminds me of Nasri.' And according to the Daily Mail Arsenal are ready to bid £8m pounds for the youngster. But the most exciting gossip going on is Arsenal being linked for Cesc Fabregas returning to club. Wenger told Al Jazeera "I think at the moment he's lacking the confidence of being a regular player," said Wenger. "Recently he has not been that".. Another sensational but least probable rumour is Wenger attempting to capture Borussia Dortmund's midfield  star Gundogan for a £20 million fee, according to the Mail. With players like Wilshere, Ramsey, Cazorla, Arteta and possibly Chamberlain in midfield again there is least possibility that we might sign more than two high profile midfielders this summer. Surely, Arsenal having been found lacking brute strength in midfield, and could do with one more creative player to lift the intense amount of load on Cazorla.

With our club captain Vermaelen relegated to the bench for the most of our last 11 games, speculation suggests he could leave the club, with interest from Juventus and Barcelona. But he was quoted as saying by Het Laatste Nieuws “I’m happy at Arsenal. The only problem was that I did not play much and that did leave me frustrated, but things can change quickly. I suddenly found myself on the bench, but I can get myself back into the team again just as suddenly. I will work hard to do that ".  The Sun later also reported that Arsenal could sell their skipper for as ridiculous as £5m pounds. As a result reports surfaced proclaiming that Arsenal had a high interest in signing Swansea defender Williams. Here is a piece from the Mail "Arsenal made an initial enquiry for the Wales centre half in January and expected to renew their interest in the coming weeks but on Friday Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins denied there had been any contact between the clubs yet".

Finally in the keeper's section Arsenal are said to be interested in relegated side QPR's keeper Julio Cesar who wants to stay in London. According Goal.com Singapore, Arsenal are ready to offer £1m for Brazil's No.1.  Begovic was also said to be high on Arsenal's shortlist but the  £13m valuation of the Bosnian cooled Arsenal's interest. Another candidate is Sunderland's Simon Mignolet which is very unlikely as the reports linking him to Arsenal suggests he would become our No.1 after, which I think can only happen if Arsene is ready to let Szczesny go.

I would like to thank you for reading my blog and I hope you have liked it. I also request you to post comments and suggestions below. Right then that is it for today, have a nice Monday. Till Tomorrow. 














1 comment:

  1. Please post your comments, it will be really appreciated.

    ReplyDelete